Information and advice is needed to address different aspects of caring at different times and we make every effort to tailor our support to your individual needs. We believe it is important that you have time to think through your options and make informed decisions about your life alongside your caring role.
Hillingdon Carers can offer:
- Expert Welfare Benefit advice
- Help with form-filling
- Assistance in accessing care and support
- Signposting and referral to other services
- Representation to appeal benefits decisions and attendance at tribunal
- Access to other grants and trusts for funding to help in difficult situations
“I would not be able to cope without the support from Denise at Hillingdon Carers. I don’t do figures and find it difficult to read letters. She has also helped me to receive a grant from another charity.”
Hillingdon Carers holds:
Advice Quality Standards (AQS) quality mark level 2
The Advice Quality Standard is the quality mark for organisations that provide advice to the public on social welfare issues.
We have demonstrated that we are easily accessible, effectively managed, and employ staff with the skills and knowledge to meet the needs of their clients.
Trusted Charity Mark (NVCO) quality mark level 2
Achieving the Trusted Charity Mark has given our organisation:
- external verification of our achievement of the Trusted Charity standards
- greater recognition and creditability from statutory and independent funders, users and other stakeholders
- increased motivation for our staff, trustees and volunteers
- confirmation that our organisation has reached a recognised quality standard
- enhanced organisational learning through the assessment process.