Working in partnership with:
Community support for vulnerable residents
The council is working with H4All, a partnership between five of the Hillingdon's leading charities, to
provide support to the most vulnerable members of our community at this difficult time.
If you are unable to leave the house because you're ill, because of your caring role or if you are self isolating due t the coronavirus and do not have a friend, neighbour or family member available to support you, then we can offer peace of mind.
Our services include:
- help with food shopping - if you are unable to find a neighbour, friend of family member who is avilable to shop for you, then we can help to ensure you get a food delivery.
- emergency food parcels - H4All can deliver a box of essential food items to eligible residents.
- prescriptions - we can help you to register with your local pharmacy and arrange for regular presrciptions to be delivered to your door, to ensure you have a supply of essential medicines for yourself or the person you care for.
- a regular telephone call - if you are feeling lonely and isolated or struggling with your emotions during this time, then we can call you for a friendly chat, as frequently as you need, to see how you are getting on.
- information and advice - our skilled advice team will contact you on the teleophone to support you through the complexities of the welfare benefits system, if you are eligible to claim, we will help with your claim and answer your questions.
- dog walking and posting mail - if you need someone to walk your dog or to post letters we can help.
If you are on a special diet for medical reasons or need essential equipment, we will do our very best to help.
This is a free service, with the execption of food shopping, which will be arranged individually.
If you woulld like to use this service, email COVID19Hub@hillingdon.gov.uk or call
020 3949 5786 from 8am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday (10am to 2pm weekends and bank holidays).
Could you volunteer to help?
If you'd like to help the community deliver support to Hillingdon residents most in need, pleasse fill in our online for at www.hillingdon.gov.uk/community-support
The Health and Care Partners from across Hillingdon have come together to create a resource guide for all Hillingdon residents, it is hoped that the information contained within this guide will serve as a useful tool that supports you and those you live with / care for to overcome the challenges of this exceptional time.
How are you coping?
Hillingdon Health and Care Partners (HHCP) is glad to announce that the mental health flyer-how are you coping? Coronavirus support and advice for adults, parents carer and young people is ready
Carer representatives needed
Have you sometimes wondered how decisions about carers’ services are made?
Would you like to use your experience of caring to influence priorities?
For more information
Hillingdon Carers Centre
Telephone: 01895 811206 - Monday - Friday 8:00am-4:30pm
Out of office hours is managed by answerphone, messages are picked up the next working day.
Advice Centre: CLOSED
Facebook: Hillingdon Carers
Linked In: Hillingdon Carers
You Tube: Hillingdon Carers
Hillingdon Carers - Compliments and ComplaintS
At Hillingdon Carers we try to give each carer the very best service but occasionally things can go wrong.
If you have a complaint, which cannot be resolved by talking to your support worker or other member of staff,
please phone 01895 811206 or write to the Chief Executive, Sally Chandler, at the address above.
We welcome any suggestions, comments or improvements we can make to our serviceS.