Volunteering with Hillingdon Carers
Hillingdon Carers is a local charity supporting people who look after relatives and friends with special needs, disabilities or long-term illness in the London Borough of Hillingdon
The benefits of volunteering:
- Enjoy being part of a thriving, friendly organisation
- Personal satisfaction, achievement and enjoyment
- Gaining skills and valuable experience plus receiving relevant support and training
- Occupying time in a meaningful and constructive way
- Be paid for travelling expenses
Volunteers at Hillingdon Carers are treated in the same respectful and courteous manner as paid members of staff. We hope that this will be a positive and rewarding experience bringing with it, its own challenges.
We allow our volunteers to develop their existing skills and acquire new ones for their own personal or academic development and enjoyment.
We wish to recruit new unpaid members to join our nine-strong governing body, the Board of Trustees.
We need people who can help direct Hillingdon Carers towards achieving its mission and ensure the organisation is effectively managed. You would need to be able to make a commitment to Hillingdon Carers and devote the necessary time; have strategic vision, independent judgement, an ability to think creatively and a willingness to speak your mind. Ideally, the new trustees will also have skills and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Knowledge/experience of being a carer
We are particularly keen to maintain a diverse board of trustees, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We will pay trustees’ travel expenses and provide an induction into Hillingdon Carers work. You will be expected to contribute roughly one day a month of your time.
Assistant Information Technician
Information Technology has fundamentally changed both the way that we live our lives and the way in which business is conducted. IT plays an integral role in all industries, and therefore provides an interesting and rewarding career with a progression of opportunities.
- An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic individual to work with the Carers Information Coordinator on our Social Media sites.
- The suitable volunteer will need to be a flexible team worker, who is able to monitor and deliver a high quality service.
- Good computer skills in packages such as MS office and WordPress will be important, along with excellent communication skills, stamina and a positive attitude towards training and personal development.
- Would need to know how to install hardware, software and peripherals; run diagnostic software; utilise mainframe and/or server software to provide system security access; and accommodate user requests for computer hardware and software
- Given the opportunity to receive FREE training to update CV
- Travel expenses will be reimbursed
- Receive regular supervision from our internal Volunteer Manager