Talking to other people who are in a similar situation can be a great help when you are feeling stressed. Not everyone finds this easy but it may be a surprise to find that others feel the same way as you.
If you can, talk to your family and friends as well. Just talking about how you feel and getting it out into the open, can make you feel better. Sharing your feelings and problems with those close to you may mean that they realise that you need more help from them.
Here are our factsheets containing information with regard to your good health:
- Managing anxiety and depression
- Loneliness and social isolation
- Health and Wellbeing
- Health Matters: Top tips
- Health Matters: Better sleep
- Health Matters: Healthy eating
Carers Cafes in partnership with CNWL Mental Health Services for 2018
These support sessions will give you the opportunity to meet other carers like yourself and to talk to someone that understands.
Staff from CNWL and the Hillingdon Carers Partnership will be available at all meetings with a range of information for you.
- Pembroke Centre, Ruislip Manor - 2:00-4:00pm
Wednesday 18 July, 12 September
- Riverside Centre, Hillingdon Hospital - 4:30-6:30pm
Tuesday 31 July, 25 September
- Mead House, Hayes - 2:00-4:00pm
Tuesday 14 August, 9 October
- Woodland Centre, Hillingdon Hospital - 2:00-4:00pm
For further information, please contact
Sheena Collins, Carers Support Worker, Mental Health
01895 811206 / 01895 271559
For out-of-hours urgent advice and crisis support, please contact CNWL NHS 0800 0234 650
CNWL Recovery and Wellbeing Courses in Hillingdon from May - July 2018
The college provides a range of courses and workshops designed to:
- Help people develop their skills and understanding
- Help people identify personal goals and ambitions
- Create a fun, positive and safe environment for learning and exploring recovery
- Give people the confidence and support to access opportunities and resources available to them.
Click here for courses
London Borough of Hillingdon - Emotional Health and Wellbeing courses April - May 2018
- FREE courses for people experiencing anxiety and depression who wish to improve their mental wellbeing.
One in four people will experience a mental health problem at some point in their lives; money worries, work and relationship problems, unemployment, illness and loneliness can increase the risk of developing depression and anxiety.
The courses are free and available at locations across the borough and focus on self-help, confidence building, lifestyle and employability. They also offer an opportunity to meet new people, learn new skills and develop new interests.
Contact Hillingdon Adult Learning to make a booking:
Tel: 01895 556248 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org