As part of developing a ‘whole family approach’, we now have a project which works with families who are in need of more intensive support. Our Family Support Officer will work with families for between 6-12 weeks in attempt to tackle particular issues that families are facing.
The support is tailored to the individual needs of each family, and we can work with both young and adult carers alike.
Here are some of the aspects we can help with:
- Housing advice and liaison with local housing services
- Education and training support
- Money and benefits advice
- Liaison with schools, colleges, universities and places of work
- Referral to other agencies and projects (i.e. counselling, local targeted programmes for young people etc.)
- 1:1 sessions and support planning with young/young-adult carers