What is H4All?
H4All is a newly-formed Community Interest Company comprised of five voluntary (third) sector organisations:
Hillingdon Age UK Hillingdon Carers DASH Hillingdon Mind and Harlington Hospice.
What is the Wellbeing Service?
The H4All Wellbeing Service is a comprehensive health and social care programme designed to:
- Promote more appropriate use of health care services thus saving money for the local health care economy
- Improve people’s engagement with their own health and to promote more effective self-management
- Reduce the loneliness and social isolation that research irrefutably shows leads to inappropriate attendance at GP surgeries
Who is the Wellbeing Service for?
The service is for all Hillingdon residents over 65 years with non-medical additional support needs, such as:
- A long term condition
- Frailty factors
- Social isolation and loneliness
Why should you refer to the Wellbeing Service?
- Assess all referrals using a triage approach and the Patient Activation Measure (PAM) assessment tool
- Provide motivational interviewing and personalised support to improve client management of long term conditions
- Work to address social problems that are impacting on a client's health
- Tackle loneliness and isolation by bringing people into closer contact with their local community and providing them with volunteer ‘buddies’ to facilitate this