Carers returning to work
"Working for Carers” is a brand new service to help unpaid carers over 25 years into employment or self-employment through advice and training, befriending and mentoring, plus signposting to the correct training required for that individual.
This service has been designed to help unpaid carers to feel more employable, to develop their skills and to move forward with employment and/or training goals.
If you are preparing to look for employment, gain more skills or just find out what options are available to you, our tailored and flexible service can help you to build plans to move forward and achieve what once felt impossible.
What we offer:
- One to one sessions with a dedicated Employment Personal Advisor to help support you throughout your journey
- Workshops and group sessions to develop your skills and boost your confidence
- Access to employment, volunteering and training opportunities that meet your specific needs.
Are you eligible?
Do you meet all the following requirements?
- Being a carer or a former carer (up to 18 months)
- Aged 25 years or over
- Living in London Boroughs of Hillingdon, Harrow, Ealing, Hounslow, Brent, Barnet and Hammersmith & Fulham
- Not in work or full time education
“Working Carers” is a free service and is fully committed to promoting Equality and Diversity at all stages of the project.
If you are interested please call Pami Singh on 01895 811206
The project is jointly funded by the European Social Fund and Big Lottery across London– a programme managed centrally by Carers Trust.